Eton Mess - Christmas Style
What's not to love about this Christmas Eton Mess?
Christmas is a time of year where we loosen the reins a little when it comes to what we eat, it is still important to make balanced choices. We have created a recipe for you and your family to enjoy this festive season when you think everyone deserves a sweet treat... Eton Mess, Christmas style!
CHRISTMAS ETON MESS (SERVES 4)
What you'll need:
- 200ml thick Greek yoghurt
- 300ml double cream
- 2 tbsp lemon curd
- 4 meringue nests
- 250g frozen Black Forest Fruits
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- 20g dark chocolate coarsely grated
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan gently heat the frozen fruit, sugar and cinnamon until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow to cool
- Whip the double cream and yoghurt until just holding its shape, ripple through the lemon curd.
- Break the meringue nests and layer equally into four glasses with the cream and berries, repeat until the glass is full.
- Sprinkle with dark chocolate and serve immediately
Serving suggestion – why not replace the forest fruits with frozen black cherries and use a cherry jam in place of the lemon curd.