UNIVERSAL INFANT FREE SCHOOL MEALS (UIFSM)
Free Super hero school meals for every child in reception and years 1 & 2
You could save over £430* per child per year
*this saving will depend on the cost of a meal at your school
Since 1 September 2014, all Key Stage 1 (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2) pupils have been entitled to receive a free school meal as part of the Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM) initiative, regardless of what benefits are being claimed.
However, if you are in receipt of the benefits listed above which would entitle your child to free school meals anyway, your school may be entitled to claim Pupil Premium funding to support your child’s education, just by you completing an application form.
FREE SCHOOL MENUS
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you (or the child themselves in their own right) is in receipt of any of the following benefits.
- Income Support (IS)
- Job Seekers' Allowance (Income-Based) and equal based Job Seekers Allowance.
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA-IR) and equal based Employment and Support Allowance.
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) with an Annual income of less than £16,190.
- Guarantee Element of Pension Credit (GPC)
- Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (IAA) Support
- Universal Credit
For more information on Free School meals please telephone: 0300 1234 100