With the Food Super Heroes
As an alternative to our tasty cooked meals, we also offer our packed lunches at participating schools. Our packed lunch menu has been developed in line with School Food Standards so you can rest assured your children will be getting a nutritionally balanced meal that offers variety and tastes great!
So what else do you need to know about packed lunches?
- There’s a dairy item on the menu every day to contribute towards calcium levels and give super-strong bones
- Our packed lunch provides 2 different types of fruits and vegetables contributing towards 5 A DAY
- We offer a vegetarian (V) and gluten free (GF) option every day
- Oily fish appears on the menu once every three weeks
- We only use wholegrain or 50/50 bread
- No confectionery, snacks or fizzy drinks are included in our packed lunches
- Each packed lunch contains 2 different types of fruit and veg as well as a dairy portion
Contact your school to find out if they offer packed lunches as an alternative to hot lunches!