Top 5 Reasons Why Our School Meals Are So Beneficial
1. MAKING CHILDREN HEALTHIER- Our dedicated team of Nutritionists and Chefs work hard to ensure we are always considering children’s nutritional needs and meeting the Government’s School Food Standards. Every Chartwells School meal will offer- 2 of your 5 a day, unlimited salad bar, starchy carbohydrate for energy and protein for growth and repair.
2. WE HAVE REDUCED THE SUGAR AND MET GOVERNMENT TARGETS- by reformulating recipes, increasing fruit content and working with our supplies, we have reduced the total sugars in our desserts by over 30%.
3. THEY ARE FREE IN RECEPTION, YEAR 1 AND 2: Regardless of your household income, school meals for the first 3 years are always free. What are you waiting for? Just ask your school office to sign your child up today- you could save around £400 a year!
4. PUPIL PEFORMANCE: A healthy school meal provides the appropriate nutrients and energy for a child, which may help to improve behaviour, concentration and ability to take in new information!
5. VARIETY AND NEW FOOD EXPOSURE: Is your child fussy? Our 3-week menu cycle with at least 3 choices a day, exposes children to a variety of tasty foods! Not only is the dining room a fun place to be, dining-style eating experiences are great for social development and can help children try (and eat) a wider rang of foods as they grow up!