FREE SCHOOL MEALS & UNIVERSAL INFANT FREE SCHOOL MEALS (UIFSM)
Autumn/ Winter 2016
Free Food Super Hero school meals for every child in reception and years 1 & 2
You could save over £430* per child per year!
Since 1st September 2014, all Key Stage 1 (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2) pupils have been entitled to receive a free school meal as part of the Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM) initiative, regardless of what benefits are being claimed.
However, if you are in receipt of the benefits listed below this would entitle your child to free school meals anyway, your school may be entitled to claim Pupil Premium funding to support your child’s education, just by you completing an application form.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you (or the child themselves in their own right) is in receipt of any of the following benefits:
• Income Support (IS)
• Job Seekers' Allowance (Income-Based) and equal based Job Seekers Allowance.
• Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA-IR) and equal based Employment and Support Allowance.
• Child Tax Credit (CTC) with an Annual income of less than £16,190.
• Guarantee Element of Pension Credit (GPC)
• Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (IAA) Support
• Universal Credit
• Please contact you School for more information
*this saving will depend on the cost of a meal at your school